Terms and Conditions
You (hereinafter referred to as "Customer") accept and acknowledge the following with regard to the services requested by you from A.L. SOL S.r.l. (hereinafter "ZYPPY").
The following definitions apply to the Conditions that govern the contract of carriage and the various services stipulated with the Customer:
A.L. SOL S.r.l., “we”, “us”, “our," refer to A.L. SOL S.r.l., VAT ID 11278860967, registration number in the Business Registry of Milan – 2591769, its assistants, associates, and affiliates, operational partners, agents, and independent contractors of A.L. SOL S.r.l. used for service execution; ZYPPY is a registered trademark of A.L. SOL S.r.l. that offers baggage transportation services, sports equipment transportation, parcels, items, packages, packing, and the ensemble of services and assistance for their realization.
“Customer”, “you”, “your” and “client”, “traveler" refer to the Customer, the sender, or the recipient of the baggage shipment, holder of the confirmation bearing the purchase code, or a waybill, or equivalent transport document, the recipient and possessor of the baggage's contents, any other party with legal ownership of the transport contract, or any party with an interest in the execution of various services;
“baggage" refers to the collection of "effects," objects, or "items” or “goods" of the Customer, which they arrange for personal use for the occasional transfer from the point of departure and/or pickup to the point of destination and/or delivery, contained within a suitcase or container properly closed but NOT SEALED by means of a numeric combination security system, latch, lock, or equivalent (also avoiding TSA - Transportation Security Administration - locks for baggage destined for the United States of America); these security systems could be "forced" without any refund to the Customer, in case of inspection following X-Ray positivity or at the discretion of the carrier used, which must verify beforehand not to accept goods not transportable according to current regulations and laws.
“Journey" indicates the route the Customer takes from one place (departure) to another (arrival) for personal or professional reasons using air, sea, or land carriers, documented by the ticket;
“purchase confirmation” or “purchase" indicates the communication that the Customer will receive, via SMS or email, at the end of the purchase procedure for the transportation service and any accessories, containing the alphanumeric or simply numeric code of the shipment and the link (URL) connecting to the web page reserved for the Customer, where transportation details will be summarized: sender, recipient, pickup day, estimated delivery day, pickup address, delivery address, email address, and/or phone numbers for communications related to pickup and delivery, number and weight of baggage, service costs, payment details;
“ticket” or “travel document” or “document" refers to the document issued to the Customer by an air, sea, or land carrier, or by legally authorized agencies or delegates, or the booking code in case of internet purchase, proving payment for the Customer's transport, the route, departure and arrival location and time, route identification code, any other useful or necessary indication;
“transport" refers to the transfer of baggage from the pickup location to the delivery location;
“estimated delivery date” or “expected delivery date" indicates the date returned by the chosen carrier system based on entered shipment data. This date represents an indication of delivery times only under optimal conditions. It is not a guaranteed date, as it does not account for possible factors negatively affecting delivery times, such as: customs interventions, strikes, line delays, telematic blackouts, delivery overload, vehicle punctures, recipient absence, inaccurate delivery address, and other similar factors.
“Additional Services" refers to services not related to transport, implemented by us for operational necessity or at the Customer's request, such as storage services, sorting, insurance, packaging, cover, additional services, and activities related to transportation organization, assistance, information procedures, and those for necessary additional services regarding baggage transfer from one place to another, or for which we have agreed to provide different services, based on our waybill or other transport document;
“force majeure" refers to extraordinary or unforeseeable events: for example, riots, wars, acts of terrorism, fires, lightning, floods, explosions, governmental actions, prohibitions, government delays or omissions, thefts, robberies, and any other cause, always that in each case, expressly foreseen or not, such a cause could not have been avoided by taking all measures to prevent the damage;
“damage" refers to total or partial deterioration, malfunction, or breakage of baggage, attributable to extraordinary events occurring during transportation and distinct from ordinary wear wear and tear also resulting from transfer activities, which can be subject to repair, restoration, or compensation;
“loss" refers to the total loss of baggage;
“prohibited items”, “not allowed items" indicate all items the transportation of which is prohibited by laws, regulations, or rules of any country through which or over which the shipment travels or from these Conditions;
“restricted items" indicate items that are allowed for transport with geographical, quantitative, or documentary restrictions. These items are usually "not allowed," except with specific authorization from ZYPPY, granted following verification of the specific requirements of the shipment and any documentary integrations.
“Customer Service” or “Customer Service" refers to the assistance that ZYPPY personnel provides to its Customers before or after the purchase or use of products or services. Customer Service includes actions such as phone assistance during purchase, product suggestions, problem resolution, and complaints or answering general questions; ZYPPY provides baggage and sports equipment transportation services to Customers wishing to use such services. ZYPPY offers its services to Customers in accordance with the terms of this contract and the rules or policies published by ZYPPY on this website.
2. Service Description
In accordance with the terms and conditions established in this agreement, ZYPPY will organize and manage baggage and sports equipment transportation services.
- as described below ZYPPY reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse, cancel, interrupt, or detain a shipment when, in ZYPPY's judgment, the shipment or shipment request: does not comply with the terms of this agreement, is undeliverable, is unsuitable for shipment, could be easily damaged, and/or may contain hazardous or illegal items. ZYPPY will make all commercially reasonable efforts to manage each service function for the Customer by adopting necessary logistical methods, including the coordination and supervision of the shipment and transport, also through contracts with suitable and certified companies, provided that the Customer provides timely and accurate information when available regarding the shipment. The Customer agrees that ZYPPY may modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the services at any time and without notice to the Customer, in which case ZYPPY will not be liable to the Customer or third parties
- The Customer is required to complete the pickup and delivery request following the guided procedure on the website www.ZYPPY.it or connected websites. Once all data is correctly entered and the conditions described in this document are accepted, upon payment of the calculated fee, the request will generate a "waybill" code and a shipment number, which will subsequently be used for all communications between the ZYPPY Customer Service. ZYPPY personnel have no responsibility for statements and communications made by Customers regarding baggage content information and the verification of the identities of the contact persons involved in the transportation process, both during pickup and delivery phases.
- The Baggage or items pickup will generally take place between 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM on the scheduled day, from Monday to non-holiday Friday, at the address provided by the Customer.
During booking, the Customer can suggest a pickup time window of at least 3 consecutive hours. This request is not binding and cannot be considered useful for non-pickup during the remaining hours of the operating range. Regular service does not include appointment-based pickups. The Customer has the option to request different personalized pickup arrangements through Customer Service, with costs and methods determined case by case.
- The appointed person for baggage pickup has the right, during pickup, to ask the Customer to visually inspect the contents of the baggage to ensure that no non-transportable or illegal items (Article 7-c) are being shipped. If the Customer has previously wrapped the baggage in protective film, bubble wrap sheets, placed it in a box, or inserted it in a bag, and the inspection request can only be fulfilled by removing such protections, no damage or reimbursement request for removed materials can be made.
- The Baggage delivery will generally take place between 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM on the estimated delivery day, from Monday to non-holiday Friday, at the address provided by the Customer. Specific delivery times cannot be requested compatibly with the passing times for the address area. In the case of specific needs and subject to service coverage verification that varies from area to area, the Customer can, upon payment of a supplementary cost, request special delivery services, if available and proposed by ZYPPY, for deliveries by 9 AM, 10 AM, or 12 PM, on Saturdays or holidays. In the event of delivery delay in a service with special delivery, the Customer will be reimbursed the value of the supplementary cost incurred for the purchase of the additional service.
ZYPPY may provide pickup and delivery services even on holidays, subject to coverage verification with Customer Service.
- Any baggage damage and delays compared to estimated delivery times will be managed proactively by Customer Service or upon Customer's report. ZYPPY's liability for damages, loss, or delays is limited to the baggage's contents and governed by Articles 8 and 9 of this agreement.
Despite the commitment of operators and carriers to deliver shipments as soon as possible, ZYPPY cannot guarantee compliance with the expected delivery times, which should always be understood as indicative times.
- Delays caused by customs intervention, Public Security Authorities, or other events beyond our control may affect pickup and delivery times, and no liability can be attributed to ZYPPY.
- Pickup will be managed by personnel appointed by ZYPPY or by a national or international carrier affiliated with ZYPPY.
- The baggage should preferably be wrapped over its entire surface, leaving only the fixed handle exposed, at the Customer's expense and care, with transparent film, plastic bag, or equivalent. The driver in charge of pickup has the right to request the opening of the baggage(s) in order to conduct a visual inspection of the contents that are not allowed for the transportation of unaccompanied baggage. For added security, the Customer should attach a tag to the handle containing the sender's details and insert a copy of the waybill inside each piece of baggage.
- ZYPPY, the carrier, or other entity in charge of the shipment may deliver the entrusted baggage or item to the address indicated on the label (waybill) directly to the Customer or a person specified by the Customer, with the "Delivery Signature" instructions remaining valid.
The rates generated on the ZYPPY website, or by a ZYPPY Customer Service representative, are based on the information provided by the Customer at the time of the request. Final rates will be based on the actual weights and dimensions of each suitcase, box, or cratethat will be shipped and will be verified during the shipment process. Dimensions are calculated from the widest point on each side. If the actual weight or dimensions of any shipped item exceed the maximum allowed for the mentioned item category, the rates may be adjusted to reflect the next available category. If a larger category does not exist, additional costs will be proportionally distributed based on the weight and/or dimensions exceeding the maximum allowed in the larger category.
In case of incorrect declaration by the Customer at the time of purchase, an administrative fee of €12 per baggage will be charged, in addition to the tariff difference as described above.
Customers who wish to request a Commercial Invoice for purchased services must select the appropriate checkbox when purchasing on the website or when assisted by an operator, making the request verbally before the booking activities are completed.
The Customer is responsible for all fees applied by a specific pickup or delivery location, such as a hotel or accommodation, that may require an adjustment to handle the shipment. Not all services are available in all areas. Rates are subject to change without notice. All rates are inclusive of VAT.
By accepting these terms and conditions, the Customer also authorizes charging any weight differences or additional costs that may be incurred due to incorrect or false information at the time of booking (including regarding dimensions, weight, and number of items) on their debit/credit card. In the event of inability to automatically charge the card, we will inform the Customer to proceed with payment of the amount due within 7 days.
Failure to make payment will initiate a debt collection procedure with potential costs borne by the Customer.
All Customers are required to properly package and protect the contents of their shipments with necessary protective materials to prevent damage. Bicycles and sports equipment such as skis or surfboards must be placed in a rigid package (hard plastic, heavy corrugated cardboard, or similar). The Customer can contact ZYPPY for further information on acceptable packaging guidelines.
Each item must have a transportation label provided by ZYPPY securely attached to the outside of each item by the Customer. For all items, it is advisable but not mandatory to have a copy of the shipping label placed inside. Failure to perform these actions may result in a service delay or the complete loss of your item and may void any expressly provided warranties.
As indicated in point 2i, the personnel in charge of pickup may at their discretion request the removal of any packaging to inspect the baggage before pickup.
It is advisable to avoid using high-value baggage for transporting goods. The use of hard and unprotected suitcases, with or without spinning wheels, which can be easily damaged in the automated process of mechanical sorting lines, is also discouraged.
The use of protective film or soft cases is allowed for transportation but does not qualify as suitable protective packaging.
During shipment preparation, please take into account the indications provided in articles 7c and 7d of this agreement.
5. Closure of Baggage or Items
- National Shipments: Baggage or items traveling within a single country must be closed with suitable zippers, fastening systems, or adhesive tape to prevent accidental content spillage. Baggage or items that travel without the ability to be closed forfeit the Customer's right to file a claim for lost or missing contents. For security reasons, luggage must not be permanently closed with locks or combination locks to allow inspections by competent authorities and the personnel entrusted with the shipment, who may reject material subject to transport restrictions. Plastic ties or string can be applied to zipper pulls.
Permanently closed luggage loses all included or additionally purchased warranties, may experience delivery delays, may be opened by Security Authorities without the possibility of claiming damages to the closure systems, and may be held at a branch for Customer pickup or returned to the sender at Customer's expense.
- International Shipments: Baggage or items traveling between two countries must be openable to allow for potential checks by competent authorities. If the Customer locks or seals an item in the shipment, preventing additional security checks using X-rays, the personnel in charge, if deemed necessary, will break the lock or seal using appropriate means. ZYPPY is not responsible for damage to locked or sealed items that need to be opened for security or customs inspection reasons. Closing or sealing items traveling abroad may cause prolonged delays and invalidate warranties expressly provided in this agreement.
- Any costs resulting from non-compliance with these provisions will be borne by the Customer , and no responsibility can be attributed to ZYPPY.
6. Cancellations or Change of Destination
Cancellations: Cancellations can be made exclusively by sending an email with all Customer and shipment references to the email address prenotazioni@ZYPPY.it.
Accepted cancellations may generate refunds issued in the form of vouchers spendable on ZYPPY within 6 months of their issuance, as described below:
- For cancellations made up to three (3) working days before the scheduled pickup day, ZYPPY will issue a voucher equal to the amount paid by the Customer minus administrative handling costs incurred by ZYPPY, amounting to €7 or 5% of the total shipping cost, applying the higher amount between the two.
- For cancellations made less than three (3) working days before the scheduled pickup day, ZYPPY will issue a voucher equal to the amount paid by the Customer minus administrative handling costs incurred by ZYPPY, amounting to €12 or 10% of the total cost, applying the higher cost between the two.
- Cancellations made within one (1) working day before the scheduled pickup day are non-refundable..
In the case of round-trip pickups and a request to cancel the return trip, the same timing applied for the outbound trip will be valid. In this case, any discounts resulting from promotions related to choosing a round-trip service will not be applied, and the cancellation fee will be applied without considering these discounts. Cancellation of a transportation service with multiple stops or a return trip automatically cancels the subsequent stops to the one where the cancellation is requested, and no cancellation fee will be applied to those subsequent stops.
Changes: Changes to the booked shipment, regarding pickup dates, destinations, quantities, weights, removal of services, can be made exclusively by sending an email with all Customer and shipment references to the email address prenotazioni@ZYPPY.it Phone modifications are not allowed.
In case of modification of the quantities of originally booked baggage, the waybills in the Customer's possession will be canceled and replaced with new waybills.
Administrative costs applied for a modification request will be applied to any modification request, as described below:
- For changes requested made up to three (3) working days up to three (3) working days before the scheduled pickup day, they are allowed with an administrative handling cost of €10 in addition to the already paid shipping amount.
- For changes requested made less than three (3) working days less than three (3) working days before the scheduled pickup day, they are allowed with an administrative handling cost of €15 in addition to the already paid shipping amount.
- Changes requested within one (1) working day within one (1) working day before the scheduled pickup day are not accepted..
- In case of adding baggage, in addition to the administrative cost, the Customer must pay the additional cost as resulting from the new shipping calculation. In the case of reducing the number of baggage, the administrative cost must still be paid.
- In the case of decreasing baggage, a refund will be issued in the form of a voucher spendable within 6 months from its issuance, equal to the price difference based on the new shipping calculation.
Waiver of Administrative Costs: During purchase, the Customer can subscribe to a cancellation or modification insurance that waives, for one (1) instance, any administrative cost described in this section. Any subsequent modifications or cancellations must be treated normally.
7. Customer's Responsibility
The Customer agrees to defend and indemnify ZYPPY and its owners, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, clients, and agents from: claims, demands, causes of action, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including legal fees, arising from or related to their acts or omissions in connection with the use of this website or any ZYPPY service, including but not limited to the shipment of any prohibited goods as defined below:
- Delivery Signature: It is the Customer's responsibility to ensure that a delegated person is available at the destination to sign for the delivery. If a shipment is destined for a location other than a private individual, a signature will still be required for delivery. ZYPPY will not be liable for delayed shipments due to the absence or refusal of a person to sign for receipt.
Delivery to an unattended address is not possible.
Delivery to a P.O. Box is not possible.
Delivery to a Service Point designated by Customer Service as a destination is possible. Baggage can be collected by presenting an identity document and a copy of the waybill. Baggage not collected at the Service Point within 7 days will be returned to the sender at the Customer's expense.
- Personal Information: ZYPPY is not responsible for the delay or loss of any baggage or item resulting from inaccurate, incomplete, or invalid information provided by the Customer.
The Customer will be responsible for any costs necessary to correct or modify the information and/or costs associated with returning undelivered items to the address provided during the service booking.
- Prohibited Contents: ZYPPY will not perform any service for the transport of prohibited or restricted items that may violate local, state, or international laws. Some items are transportable with limitations (geographical, quantitative, documentary). Customer Service is available to assist the Customer in case they need further information. Any shipment containing any materials in violation of local, state, international regulations results in the cancellation of warranties expressly provided in this agreement.
As an illustrative list, here are some non-transportable materials or materials with limitations:
(a) Electronics including, but not limited to, laptops, personal computers, stereo systems, personal and/or professional audio devices, cell phones, and plasma screens (b) Batteries including all alkaline or lithium batteries, including, but not limited to, batteries integrated within electronic devices such as cell phones, laptops, tablets, and personal audio devices (c) Alcohol including alcoholic beverages or anything containing alcohol, including, but not limited to, perfumes, colognes (d) Medications, including over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, supplements, and medical equipment (including self-diagnosis devices) as determined by every jurisdiction where a shipment may originate, terminate, or pass during transport (e) Gambling devices (f) Firearms and ammunition (g) Dangerous substances including infectious substances, poisons, hazardous or corrosive chemicals, poisons, tear gas, batons, self-defense irritant or incapacitant sprays, dry ice, any explosives such as fireworks and any flammable or combustible materials such as gasoline (h) Pressurized containers, including, but not limited to, aerosol cans (e.g., spray deodorants, hair sprays, etc.) and CO2 cartridges (i) Live animals, including pets and insects (j) Animal remains including animal cadavers, animal heads, or other parts of taxidermy, and meat or poultry intended for human consumption (k) Human remains including human corpses, fetal remains, human body parts, cremated or exhumed human remains, or their components (l) Hazardous waste including, but not limited to, used needles or syringes or other medical waste or that defined as solid waste that meets any hazardous waste criteria (m) Waste, including items considered trash or for disposal (n) Cash or negotiable securities including coins, cash, foreign currency, currency notes, bonds, cashier's checks or equivalents, including, but not limited to, meal vouchers, stamps (collectible and non-collectible), traveler's checks, lottery tickets, money orders, gift cards and gift certificates, prepaid phone cards (except those requiring a personal code for activation), vouchers, and bearer securities, and negotiable instruments (such as drafts, promissory notes, or bills of exchange); or other equivalent means of payment (o) Any other item specified from time to time by ZYPPY, including wet baggage or packaging with evident liquid leakage or emitting any type of odor; shipments that may cause damage or delay to equipment, personnel, or other shipments; (p) Shipments or goods requiring an administrative license at any level for their transport or that are prohibited by the prevailing law in any country of departure, transit, and/or arrival of the transport.
If the Customer violates these provisions and such behavior generates additional transport costs, ZYPPY reserves the right to request reimbursement from the Customer for the supplementary cost generated by the failure to observe the terms and conditions of the ZYPPY service.
- Packaging: every parcel/baggage/package shipped, as well as its content, must be carefully packaged and protected to withstand various loading and unloading steps and be able to withstand drops of 80 cm without breaking or damaging.
- Etichette: è responsabilità del cliente stampare e apporre le etichette sul/i bagaglio/i entro le ore 9.00 del giorno di ritiro stabilito. Nel caso in cui all’arrivo dell’incaricato del ritiro non fossero presenti le etichette i bagagli non verranno ritirati, la prenotazione di ritiro cancellata e nessun rimborso sarà corrisposto. Ove il cliente si rendesse conto di essere impossibilitato alla stampa dovrà darne tempestiva comunicazione a ZYPPY che verificherà l’eventuale sottoscrizione della polizza per annullamento o modifica (ved. punto 6 alla voce “Azzeramento costi amministrativi”). Qualora in fase di acquisto non fosse stata sottoscritta detta garanzia e il ritiro non fosse possibile per la mancata stampa delle etichette ZYPPY procederà all’annullamento dell’ordine applicando le indicazioni fornite al paragrafo 6 “cancellazioni” vedi anche “servizio di stampa e invio etichette” a seguire.
- Stampa e invio etichette: qualora il cliente fosse impossibilitato alla stampa delle etichette con un costo di 8,00 € in aggiunta al costo di spedizione è possibile acquistare il servizio di stampa e invio etichette. Questo prevede che il giorno di ricezione dell’ordine ZYPPY crei e stampi al posto del cliente mittente le etichette.
Le etichette verranno spedite con servizio Espresso all’indirizzo di origine della spedizione.
Nota bene: Considera i tempi della spedizione per essere sicuro di ricevere le etichette per tempo. Per maggiore tranquillità considera un minimo di 4 giorni lavorativi di anticipo rispetto alla data di ritiro.
- Mancato ritiro: qualora il ritiro non avvenisse nella data prestabilita per responsabilità del cliente ovvero: merce non pronta, cliente assente o informazioni inesatte, incomplete o non valide fornite in fase d’ordine circa l’indirizzo mittente, la spedizione sarà da considerarsi nulla e nessun rimborso o voucher verrà emesso da ZYPPY.
8. ZYPPY's Liability
ZYPPY's activity involves booking and administrative management of shipments that the Customer intends to send, and we cannot be held directly responsible for the loss or damage of any suitcase/package or its contents.
In the event of fortuitous events, ZYPPY commits to providing its structure in order to initiate a claim procedure with the competent offices of the respective carriers used for the transportation activity.
Upon opening a claim, the Customer is required to provide all evidence in their possession regarding the nature, age, value, and condition of the goods for which they are seeking compensation. ZYPPY is in no way liable, without any limitations, for any damages or losses caused by or arising from items that are non-transportable or transportable with limitations for which the Customer has not received specific authorization, as specified in Article 7c.
ZYPPY and the Carriers, possibly jointly liable, for delays, damages, partial or total loss of content, will only be liable for direct material damage to the transported goods. The Customer undertakes not to seek redress against ZYPPY and the Carrier for actions or claims for consequential or indirect damages..
- Carrier Liability. Transport within Italy is undertaken by ZYPPY and Carriers in accordance with the law, as per articles 1693, 1694, and 1696 of the Civil Code, as amended by Article 10 of Legislative Decree no. 286/2005, resulting in the provision of a compensation limit, in case of loss or damage to transported goods, equal to to 1.00 Euro per kilogram of gross weight of the lost or damaged goods. This limit, by express and mutual agreement of the parties, will apply not only to cases of loss and damage to the goods but also to all other cases that directly or indirectly affect the liability of ZYPPY. Transport for international shipments is governed by the Geneva CMR Convention (Law no. 1621/60 and subsequent amendments); therefore, the compensation limit provided for in it will be applied (Special Drawing Rights multiplied by a coefficient of 8.33 = compensation per kg of gross weight of lost or damaged goods), both for loss and damage to goods, as well as the limit provided for in the event of delay. In the absence of an insurance mandate covering all risks, whether based on the client's insurance or not, the the client undertakes not to seek redress against ZYPPY and the Carrier for amounts exceeding the compensation limit established by Legislative Decree no. 286/2005, the CMR regime, or the Warsaw Convention, depending on the applicable law.For both compliance with legal obligations and the presence of an insurance mandate, the recipient must make specific and detailed reservations regarding the apparent condition of the goods and their packaging on the waybill, as general reservations will have no value. In the latter case, neither ZYPPY nor the Carrier will be held liable for the loss or damage to the transported goods. Any claims related to carrier liability for partial loss or damage to transported goods that are not immediately recognizable at the time of delivery must be communicated in writing to ZYPPY, failing which, within 8 hours of receiving the goods; for international shipments, the deadlines provided by the Geneva CMR Convention (Law no. 1621/60 and subsequent amendments) will apply.
- No compensation is provided for: fortuitous events; unavailability or refusal of a person to accept the delivery of the shipment; actions of public authorities acting with real or apparent authority; acts or omissions of customs or similar authorities; inadequate information provided by the Customer; damage to or arising from hazardous substances improperly packaged or included in the shipment; inclusion of liquids or gels in baggage or packages that leak and damage other packaged items; application of safety regulations imposed by the government or other applicable authorities to the shipment; riots, strikes, or other labor disputes; civil unrest; disruptions in air or ground transportation networks; natural disasters; incorrect or incomplete address information; delay or seizure by customs or similar authorities. ZYPPY is in no way liable for any losses or damages to items left unattended during waiting for pickup or left unattended after delivery. The parties expressly agree that an event of theft, resulting in the total or partial theft of goods, whether occurring during transportation or during the deposit phase at ZYPPY's warehouses or those of third parties, will exempt the carrier from liability, constituting a case of fortuitous event and force majeure.
- Non-refundable or uninsurable items: ZYPPY cannot be held responsible in any way for the loss or physical damage to certain items or contents, unless otherwise agreed in writing between the parties resulting from email communications, including but not limited to: (a) Electronics including, but not limited to, laptops, personal computers, stereo systems, personal and/or professional audio devices, cell phones, and plasma screens (b) fragile items including any items fragile or sensitive to temperature (c) glassware, including but not limited to, signs, mirrors, ceramics, porcelain, crystal, framed glass, and all other materials similarly fragile (d) musical instruments (e) software or solid or magnetic software media (f) valuable items including exceptionally valuable items, including any merchandise that is particularly susceptible to damage by its intrinsic nature or whose market value is particularly variable or difficult to ascertain (g) artwork of any creative work created or developed with the application of skill, taste, and creative talent for sale, exhibition, or collection. This includes but is not limited to items (and their parts) such as paintings, drawings, vases, tapestries, limited edition prints, art, statues, sculptures, and collectibles (h) collectibles including but not limited to coins, stamps, sports cards, souvenirs, and memorabilia (i) furs including, but not limited to, leather clothing, fur-trimmed clothing, and fur skins (j) antiques including any merchandise that exhibits the style or fashion of a past era and whose history, age, or rarity contribute to its value. These items include, but are not limited to, furniture, tableware, and glassware (k) jewelry including, but not limited to, costume jewelry, watches and their parts, gems, set gems or precious or semi-precious stones (i), industrial diamonds, and jewelry made of precious metals (l) precious metals and gems including, but not limited to, loose gemstones, industrial diamonds, any item containing more than 50 percent by weight of gold or platinum, or a combination of the same in raw form including, but not limited to, ingots, bars, powder, or scrap of these metals (m) models including, but not limited to, architectural models and dollhouses and prototypes (n) photographic equipment including movie cameras, film, video recordings, digital recordings, photographic images, photographic negatives on metal, films, and slides (o) prohibited items as defined herein (q) any other item specified from time to time by ZYPPY. Any shipment not explicitly authorized containing any of the above items cancels all warranties expressly provided to the Customer.
- Return terms or delivery times: ZYPPY provides exclusively indicative delivery times.
The delivery dates provided by the system or Customer Service representatives are considered reliable estimates or expected delivery dates.
Delivery dates communicated by ZYPPY cannot be considered guaranteed delivery dates.
- Any requests for binding delivery commitments must be specified at the time of booking by the Customer via email to prenotazioni@ZYPPY.it and be accepted in writing by a ZYPPY representative, who will propose any alternative services and the related tariff adjustments to the Customer. In this case, any proven non-compliance resulting in a delay in the agreed-upon binding delivery, will entitle the customer to a refund of the maximum double the transport cost of the individual shipment, excluding any direct, consequential, or indirect damage.
- Missed pickups: in the event that a pickup is not made on the booked pickup date due to the responsibility of ZYPPY or the carrier responsible for the pickup, ZYPPY staff will schedule a new pickup with the same instructions as the missed one for the next business day, up to a maximum of three times.
In the event the Customer no longer wishes to entrust or wait for the new pickup, choosing to cancel the shipment, they can communicate this to us by sending an email to prenotazioni@ZYPPY.it it by 09:00 AM on the rescheduled pickup day or by contacting Customer Service by 06:00 PM on the original pickup day.
At the earliest opportunity, ZYPPY staff will cancel the travel documents and issue a full refund of all costs incurred during the booking phase to the payment method used for purchasing the service.
Cancellation requests beyond the indicated times will not be accepted.
9. ZYPPY Formula
To address the needs and peace of mind of our customers, ZYPPY has introduced a guarantee formula that enhances the benefits of standard services in terms of refunds for unexpected and accidental situations. All transports provided by ZYPPY are covered by the guarantee service ZYPPY Formula Standard. Additionally, customers have the option to purchase an optional guarantee package that offers a maximum refund of up to €500.00 for the ZYPPY Formula Silver and up to €1,000.00 for the ZYPPY Formula Gold.
Customers intending to purchase the Silver or Gold options are required to take one or more photographs clearly identifying the appearance of the entrusted baggage before departure to maximize the coverage of the guarantee.
Customers are always required to inspect the received baggage upon delivery. In the case of obvious damages, they must accept the shipment with the express indication indication "accepted with reservation," followed by a brief description of the observed damage. This step is necessary to access the benefits of the selected Formula. Failure to include this statement will result in the loss of the right to initiate a claim.
Standard ZYPPY Formula
|Loss:||1€/kg gross for domestic shipments|
circa 10€/kg spedizioni internazionali via camionCirca 20€/kg spedizioni internazionali via aereo
|Delay:||For delays exceeding 4 days beyond the scheduled delivery date, a voucher equal to 25% of the shipping costs will be issued.|
|Baggage Damage||No reimbursement is provided|
|Content Damage or Theft:||1€/kg gross for domestic shipments|
circa 10€/kg spedizioni internazionali via camionCirca 20€/kg spedizioni internazionali via aereo
ZYPPY Silver Formula
|Loss:||5€/kg gross for domestic shipments|
circa 10€/kg spedizioni internazionali via camionCirca 20€/kg spedizioni internazionali via aereo
|Delay:||For delays exceeding 2 days beyond the scheduled delivery date, a voucher equal to 25% of the shipping costs will be issued. For delays exceeding 4 days, the voucher will be 50%.|
|Baggage Damage:||2€/kg up to a maximum of 50€ per baggage|
|Content Damage or Theft:||2€/kg gross for domestic shipments|
circa 10€/kg spedizioni internazionali via camionCirca 20€/kg spedizioni internazionali via aereo
ZYPPY Gold Formula
|Loss:||10€/kg gross for domestic shipments|
circa 10€/kg spedizioni internazionali via camionCirca 20€/kg spedizioni internazionali via aereo
|Delay:||For delays exceeding 2 days beyond the scheduled delivery date, a voucher equal to 50% of the shipping costs will be issued. For delays exceeding 4 days, the voucher will be 75%.|
|Baggage Damage:||3€/kg up to a maximum of 100€ per baggage|
|Content Damage or Theft:||3€/kg gross for domestic shipments|
circa 10€/kg spedizioni internazionali via camionCirca 20€/kg spedizioni internazionali via aereo
- Loss: In the event of non-receipt of all items beyond 96 working hours from the scheduled delivery date, ZYPPY will autonomously initiate a procedure for presumed loss.
- In case of one or more missing items, the customer must promptly notify ZYPPY via email at assitenza@ZYPPY.it within 8 hours of partial receipt, providing the shipment number and nature of the issue. ZYPPY will have eight (8) working days following the scheduled delivery date to identify the item and communicate the details of the search to the customer. If the item and its contents are not located within this timeframe, ZYPPY will gather information to process a refund up to the amount covered by the respective selected ZYPPY Formula at the time of booking. The customer must provide all documentation to confirm the value of the transported goods and allow for the assessment of the refund amount. Receipts, purchase proofs, and photographs of the item are accepted.
- Late Shipments: If a shipment or an item thereof is delayed beyond the scheduled delivery date, ZYPPY will make every effort to promptly trace and deliver the items to their destination.
Based on the selected ZYPPY Formula during the purchase, a recognized refund will be provided in the form of a voucher, valid for 6 months from issuance.
The refund value is calculated based on shipping costs, including applied discounts.
- Delay days are considered working days and exclude holidays..
- Upon confirming the actual delay, an automatic refund in the form of a voucher will be recognized according to the chosen ZYPPY Formula. This will be communicated to the customer via email, including voucher code, equivalent value, issuance date, and expiration date.
The voucher can be used in a single transaction on the ZYPPY.it portal or through the Customer Service operator.
- : ZYPPY will not be liable for any refunds or compensation in case of unforeseen events such as strikes, customs delays, events caused by authorities, adverse weather conditions preventing normal delivery cycles, or failures on the part of the customer as described in Article 7, with particular attention to Article 7C.
- Baggage Damage:: Certain elements, including external/swivel wheels, straps, pockets, fixed or telescopic handles, and feet, are not insurable or covered by any guarantee unless adequately packed and protected with shock-absorbing material. Upon receiving the shipment, if one or more parts are damaged, the customer must obligatorily declare in writing on the delivery document that they have accepted with reservation, specifying the observed damage. The customer must promptly submit a claim via email to assistenza@ZYPPY.it within 8 hours of the actual delivery, including documentation necessary to initiate the refund procedure: photographs before departure, photographs of the damage, damage quantification, providing receipts or invoices for the purchase of the luggage, or indicating where the same product can be found online. Comprehensive photographic evidence of the damage must be provided. Without such photographs, it will not be possible to initiate the refund procedure, and the request will be permanently closed.
- Content Damage: The customer is responsible for protecting the contents of the transport with suitable protections to ensure compliance with the packaging conditions specified in Article 7d) of this agreement.
- In no case will articles specified in Article 7c) as non-permitted content, and those mentioned in Article 8b) if not communicated during the purchase of the service and approved in writing by ZYPPY personnel prior to shipping, be eligible for damage reimbursement.
In the case of one or more damaged or missing contents, the customer must open a claim by promptly notifying assistenza@ZYPPY.it via email within 8 hours of actual delivery. This communication must include all necessary documentation to initiate the claim process:
photographs before departure, damage quantification, providing receipts or invoices for the purchase of the damaged or missing contents, or indicating where the same product can be found online.
- Claim Handling: In the event of a claim, ZYPPY will open a case with the carrier used for the shipment and communicate the progress to the customer.
The actual time for handling claims will vary on a case-by-case basis, but will not exceed 15 working days beyond the scheduled delivery date.
If the claim is accepted and if provided for by the selected ZYPPY Formula, a refund will be processed using the same payment method used for booking the transport.
In the case of voucher issuance for delay, it will be automatically generated upon the occurrence of the event.
The maximum refund values for baggage and shipment are determined based on the chosen ZYPPY Formula.
- : ZYPPY will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from baggage content damage or theft, except for the refunds specified in this paragraph.
- Maximum Refund Limits: Monetary refunds or equivalent voucher refunds are per event and cannot exceed the maximum values indicated in Articles 8, 9a, 9b, 9c of this article.
10. Trenitalia Bagaglio Facile
- Trenitalia Special Rates: The rates generated on the ZYPPY website in the section reserved for Trenitalia Travelers who intend to use the Bagaglio Facile service are based on the information provided by the Customer at the time of the request and any phone confirmations between Customer Care and the Customer. Travelers who intend to access the Bagaglio Facile service must have a valid travel ticket for Frecce or Intercity trains.
The final rates will be calculated and processed as described in Article 3 of this agreement and will be subject to discounts agreed upon with Trenitalia as described on the Trenitalia Bagaglio Facile page.
Discounted rates apply to all products except for services and accessories.
- Purchase Method: Travelers who purchase a Frecce or Intercity ticket through official Trenitalia sales channels can book baggage pickup as described in this agreement by entering the PNR code found on the ticket during the purchase process on the website www.zyppy.it/bagaglio-facile or by informing the Customer Service operator over the phone.
Trenitalia travel tickets that include round-trip routes entitle customers to access discounted rates for both outbound and return shipments if purchased simultaneously.
Customers without a PNR code will not be able to access discounted rates as indicated in the previous paragraph.
- Maximum Baggage Weight: The maximum weight for " Bagaglio Facile" is 25 kg; the maximum weight for " Bagaglio Facile XL" is 35 kg; the maximum weight for "Ski" baggage is 15 kg; the maximum weight for "Golf Bag" is 22 kg.
Different types of baggage may be allowed in accordance with Customer Service.
- Maximum Baggage Dimensions: The sum of the three sides (width + thickness + height) must not exceed 210 cm. Baggage with a single side exceeding 120 cm is not allowed.
- Points CartaFRECCIA: Customer of CartaFRECCIA can add their CartaFRECCIA code during the service booking process.Once the code is entered, Trenitalia will credit 1 point for every euro spent with Zyppy within 45 days of using the service.
For point accrual, the expenditure for baggage shipping will be considered. The expenditure on additional services does not contribute to the accumulation of CartaFRECCIA points.
The points earned are not considered qualifying for achieving Silver, Gold, and Platinum status.
- "Remote Areas" Locations: Some delivery or departure locations for shipments may incur an additional shipping cost as described on the page remote areas as they are difficult to reach by regular transport routes.
In addition to an additional shipping cost, some remote locations may have longer transit or pickup times compared to what the system proposes.
The list of locations is continuously updated, and the Customer is required to check this list before requesting a booking or seeking information from Customer Service.
International Shipments, Documents, Customs
ZYPPY will make commercially reasonable efforts to maximize the possibility of a timely customs clearance process and minimize duties, taxes, or other charges imposed by customs authorities or similar entities. The customer is responsible for the goods entrusted to ZYPPY and for the accurate declaration and valuation for customs purposes of each element of the shipment. All documents and images provided to ZYPPY must be clear and legible. All duties, taxes, or other expenses incurred during the customs process will be communicated to the customer. Additional charges may be debited to the customer's credit card provided at the time of booking or may be invoiced directly by third-party customs brokers or forwarders. If an item experiences a delay due to customs checks or actions by customs authorities or similar entities, ZYPPY will make every effort to resolve the issue and obtain the release of the item; however, customs delays are beyond ZYPPY's control. ZYPPY will not be responsible for delays resulting from customs checks for international shipments. Items delayed due to customs authorities or similar entities during international shipments will not be covered by the delay guarantee, even if the ZYPPY Formulas are subscribed to. The user acknowledges that all goods shipped by ZYPPY are subject to confiscation by customs officials and other similar agencies. Prohibited items vary from country to country; please contact ZYPPY if you have questions regarding the shipment of a specific item to a specific country.
Right of Inspection:
ZYPPY and its agents reserve the right to inspect and open any item shipped through ZYPPY systems. Baggage may be subjected to X-ray scans for verification without needing to be opened. If prohibited or hazardous products or items are identified, the shipment will be detained, and any additional costs or recovery expenses will be borne by the customer.
During pickup, drivers may request the customer to inspect the content before proceeding with the shipment. In case of refusal and simultaneous cancellation of pickup, the customer will forfeit any right to compensation.
Guarantees and Liability:
Except for guarantees established for the customer as described in the chapter titled "guarantees" above, all information on this site and all services provided by ZYPPY are provided "as is" and without any warranty. ZYPPY, its affiliates, and/or its respective suppliers under this agreement disclaim any warranties and conditions regarding the information on this site and every service provided by ZYPPY, its employees, agents, affiliates, or suppliers, including but not limited to implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement.
Shipping and transportation companies that provide services for and on behalf of ZYPPY are independent entities and not agents or employees of ZYPPY or its affiliates. ZYPPY and its affiliates are not responsible for acts, errors, omissions, statements, warranties, breaches, or negligence of any shipping or transportation company, nor for any personal injury, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting. ZYPPY and its affiliates have no liability and will not reimburse for delays, cancellations, force majeure, or other causes beyond their direct control. They also have no liability for extra expenses, omissions, delays, or acts of any government or authority.
In no event shall ZYPPY, its affiliates, and/or its respective suppliers be liable for indirect, moral, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website, or for any services obtained through this website, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, even if ZYPPY, its affiliates, and/or its respective suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Since some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you. In no event shall ZYPPY, its affiliates, and/or its respective suppliers be liable for direct damages exceeding the limit of what you paid for the services purchased from ZYPPY in the preceding month, with an absolute limit of $100 per claim, unless otherwise specified in Articles 8 and 9 of this agreement.
Applicable Law: While the applicability of the C.M.R. set out in Article 8 and 9 prevails, this agreement is governed by Italian laws in all disputes arising from or relating to the use of this site, all purchases made through this website, or any services provided by ZYPPY. The use of this website is not authorized in jurisdictions that do not recognize the validity of all provisions of these terms and conditions, including, without limitation, this paragraph.
If any part of this agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, including but not limited to disclaimers of warranties and limitations of liability stated above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed replaced by a valid and enforceable provision that most closely aligns with the intent of the original provision, and the agreement shall remain in effect.
This agreement (and all other terms and conditions referenced herein) constitutes the entire agreement between the customer and ZYPPY regarding this website and any service provided by ZYPPY and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the customer and ZYPPY regarding the subject matter herein. A printed version of this agreement and any communication given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based on or relating to this agreement to the same extent and under the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Neither ZYPPY nor any affiliate or any of their respective suppliers shall be considered in default or in violation of this agreement or shall be liable for any delay or failure directly or indirectly resulting from any cause beyond the control of ZYPPY.
Additional Agreements: Any additional or modified clauses of the above terms and any request for additional performance, such as delivery methods, terms or conditions, specific timings, expanded liability, must result from a written document signed by ZYPPY. Otherwise, such agreements shall not be considered valid and shall not bind ZYPPY in any way.
All rights not expressly granted are reserved.